(Effective as of 8/1/2018)
This is the privacy notice of https://www.karenabend.com. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Karen Abend. This is an Online Business Established KAREN ABEND; based in the United States. It applies to all users or visitors of https://www.karenabend.com or affiliated sub-domains, who are subscribing to newsletter, purchasing online courses from the website/sub-domain or signing up for free online summits that Karen Abend participates in.
- Karen Abend takes the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously. We understand that all visitors/users of our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- Karen Abend undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with the United States laws, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all jurisdiction our site will be accessed.
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our Website.
- We maintain high transparency on the continuity of our service rendering to users regarding our websites. All users retain their right and obligations to opt-in or out of receiving email notifications from us, or discontinue the use of our service.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following personal information which we have grouped as follows:
- Information that you provide by subscribing or filling simple forms on our Website to register you as a user or subscribe to our newsletter, such as your, Name, and email address.
- We may also capture your usage activity and history, interests and preferences of the newsletter or of any of our services, including our online courses/summits.
- Use of our services information such as your feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and communications information such as your preferences in receiving marketing from our third parties and us, and records of correspondence you have entered into with us via e-mail, live chat, post or telephone.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personally identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can: manage whether a certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use our services while logged out from the website.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when we are setting a cookie. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences or login details.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
WHEN WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
When we share personal data, we do so by applicable data privacy laws and our internal security standards. We may share or disclose your personal information with the following parties:
- We may make personal information available to any member of our group, which means any subsidiary company or holding company. This may be necessary to provide you with or administer our services, customer and technical support. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our privacy and security policies when handling personal data.
- Third party service providers: We may share your personal information with our third party service providers so that they can support our services, such as system and platform maintenance services, conducting customer due diligence or credit checks, collecting customer feedback, marketing and advertising services, and data analytics and search engine services. Our third party service providers are permitted to use your personal information only to provide services to us and may not otherwise share or use your personal information.
- Courts, regulators and law enforcement agencies: We will share your personal information when we believe it is required to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations and to respond to requests from government authorities, including law enforcement or financial regulators.
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, Karen Abend keeps your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by certain authorities;
- To support a claim or defence in court.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of the information you may enter on our Website, may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Karen Abend may use software programs from third parties to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. However, Karen Abend may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our Website on the day of your first use. We solely advise you to print a copy for your records.
- To track how you use our website
- To keep you signed on our website
- To register comments on a post or your answers to surveys on our site while you complete them.
- To keep your details, you provide on our contact/login form.
Cookies make using our website easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Website and do not transfer any personal information to any other party.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
The current Data Protection Directive (officially Directive 95/46/EC) defines an individual’s consent as “any freely given specific and informed indication of his wishes by which the data subject signifies his agreement to personal data relating to him being processed.” Personal data must be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes relative to the purposes for which they are processed.
In regards to GDPR regulations ‘logging in’ or ‘Registering’ into Karen Abend Website ensures:
- Clear indication that the consent of users are unambiguous and involve an explicit affirmative action.
- Users consent are separated from other terms and conditions.
- According to GDPR, our Website has no pre-ticked opt-in boxes.
- It requires granular consent for distinct processing operations.
- Your right to withdraw consent at any time is equally guaranteed.
In respect to https://www.karenabend.com fulfilling its obligations, users also agree to use our Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the Website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content located on the site shall remain the sole property of or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from Karen Abend.
You must not:
- Republish material from our Website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from Karen Abend
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Karen Abend makes no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the currency or completeness of the content its website. ALL THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL OR ITS AGENTS OR ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF EMOTION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, INJURY OR DEATH) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.